Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mrs. McGinty's Dead - 2011 Book # 88

I recently renewed my interest in reading Agatha Christie books. These books are adult mystery books that I had read a lot in junior high. The books I had been reading were good books, but most of them were rather predictable. I wanted to read something that I knew would not be predictable at all. So I went to the local library and grabbed a bunch of Agatha Christie books. The latest one I read was Mrs. McGinty's Dead.

This book starts with the famous detective Hercule Poirot receiving a visit from a member of the police that he has worked with before. This officer tells him of a murder that was committed several months ago that he had been in charge of investigating. All the clues pointed toward one person, who was arrested, tried, and condemned to be hung. However, this officer honestly believes that the man is innocent. So he convinces Hercule Poirot to try to discover who the real culprit is.

This book is a great read. With every new clue that was discovered, I changed my mind about who the criminal was, and when it finally got to the end, it was the person I had never even suspected. It was unpredictable to the end, which made it great. Also, at the end, it explains how everything happened and how he came to make that discovery. All the clues were there, but they are presented in such a way that it makes the reader think a different way.

Happy reading, and there should be more Agatha Christie books on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...