Friday, October 28, 2011

Royal Target - 2011 Book #89

The most recent book was one my grandmother loaned me. I decided to read it so I could return it to her before I started on some of the other books I got from the library. Royal Target was written by Traci Hunter Abramson. I've read several books by her that were all really good, so I was excited to read this one. In this story, the main character, Janessa Rogers, works for the CIA as an intelligence officer. Her new assignment is to work to protect the royalty of a country called Meridia, who, at the time, was attempting to make a concrete alliance with the United States. The royal family had been receiving many threats from anonymous people, and Janessa was sent to help them up their security and help investigate who was behind the threats. Her cover for why she was there? The second prince's fiance.

This book is an adventure, romance novel. As Janessa tries to assess the security of the royal chateau, there are numerous bomb threats along with other threats, and although her engagement to the prince is supposed to be just for show, at times the prince acts like it's real.

It's a great read, and has lots of action packed in. The author, uses her experience from working with the government, so she has great insight into the life of an American spy.

The only downside to this book is at the very ending. (Don't worry, this won't give anything away.) The ending is just one of those endings that a lot of writers actually use. It ties up lots of the little things in the story that you have to know about, but then, it just lets you assume what happened to some of the main characters. Personally, I would rather know what happened to them than just make an assumption, but that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...